About The Position
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The hire will be responsible for designing, implementing and optimizing ETL’s and data pipeline flows within the ThetaRay system. The ideal candidate has experience in building data pipelines and data transformations, enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our data scientists with the implementation of the relevant data flows based on the data scientist’s features design. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting multiple production implementations for various use cases, part of which will be conducted on premise at customer locations. The role requires travel up to 15%.
- Implement and maintain data pipeline flows in production within the ThetaRay system based on data scientist’s design
- Design and implement solution-based data flows for specific use cases, enabling replicability of implementations within the ThetaRay product.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with product, R&D, data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our systems
- Train customer data scientists and engineers to maintain and amend data pipelines within the product
- Hands on Spark knowledge and experience working with and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and semi-structured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Business oriented and able to work with external customers and cross-functional teams
- 1+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a technical degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or another quantitative field.
- Experience with Linux - Advantage