Director, Pre-Sales Singapore
About The Position
ThetaRay is looking for a senior Pre-Sales Director based in the Singapore, to be part of the Global Pre-Sales team, and work alongside and within the EMEA & APAC sales team. In this position you will provide sales support activities for the company’s existing and prospective customers in the regions, and be the subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a background in: Financial Services, Big Data Management and Analytics, AI & Machine learning, coupled with a proven track record in similar role.
The position will be based at ThetaRay’s offices in Singapore.
· Provide pre-sale technical support throughout the full sales cycle, from initial contact
through to sales conclusion – including solution sizing, generation of high-level design documents, and problem solving.
· Driving, lead and own Customer RFx responses and on-going follow-up.
· Cover and support sales team in building and delivering demonstrations and designed proposals for customers.
· Participate in sales conference calls, trade shows, and prospect meetings, provide product demonstrations and presentations in person and on-line, and work with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how the company’s solutions can provide value to them.
· Develop and oversee leads and opportunities to generate sales with direct customers and channel partners
· Drive the alignment between company’s solutions and customers/project needs.
· Build and maintain strong technical and business relationships within customers and partners eco-system.
· Work independently, but also be a vital member of the sales team. Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
· Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and pre-sale installations when necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent, with 3-7 years of proven experience in a customer-facing enterprise pre-sales environment.
· Hands-on tech sales and implementation experience with Financial institutions, Big Data, Machine Learning and associated methodologies. Experience in working in Financial crime, AML, Cyber Security and Fraud a plus but not essential.
· Familiar with Big Data concepts in Hadoop HDFS, elastic search, Apache (spark, zeppelin, kafka)
· Strong presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfortable working within a fast paced, early-stage environment that requires
willingness to learn and apply new concepts and strategies quickly.
· Other languages – a plus but not essential.
· Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
· Strong direct partner/customer facing skills and relationship building.
· Project Management Support – The ability to technically lead a project throughout its life cycle.
· Able to drive relevant internal functions to deliver/solve a problem for customers/partners.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision at customers’ sites.
· Travel when and where necessary.