Applied Data Scientist-Financial Services (NY)
About The Position
ThetaRay is looking for an Applied Data Scientist for customer-facing projects that combine data science with deep knowledge and understanding of machine learning and big data technologies to create solutions for customers’ challenges and needs, defining and developing appropriate technical and business solutions. The Applied Data Scientist will work closely with ThetaRay’s Product Management, Algorithm, Engineering and Customer Success teams.
• Deliver successful deployment and Pilots
• Manage and design the Customer-specific technical solution throughout the project life cycle.
• Work on various data sources and apply sophisticated feature engineering capabilities
• Bring and use business knowledge
• Extract insights and actionable recommendations from large volumes of data and Investigate anomalies in Big Data
• Build and manage technical relationships with customers and partners.
• Provide product requirements input to Product Management team
• Train the customers on the system – system usage and monitoring aspects.
• Willingness to travels 25% abroad to customers as needed
• Must have proven professional experience in data analytics for financial services with strong data mining and forensic skills
• Experience working with customers. Advantage – financial customers
• Must have Hands-on experience and knowledge of scripting languages: Python/PySpark
• Hands-on experience using Big Data and statistical analysis tools such as Hadoop/Spark , SQL, and Matlab
• Working experience with Linux OS (Redhat/Ubuntu).
• Excellent communication skills (speaking, presenting...)
• Able to solve tech problem for customers; improvise; cope with unexpected challenges
• Able to drive relevant internal functions to deliver/solve a problem for customers/partners
• Ability to design creative solutions for complex requirements
• Ability to learn independently and to work with minimal supervision at customers’ sites
• Strong interpersonal relationship building
• A motivated, self-starter who can demonstrate above average analytical and technical skills
• Ability to execute multiple projects and drive key business results under tight deadline